Need Help Financing Your Project? Start Here!
Below we have compiled a list of various programs, rebates, grants, and incentives to help you get started!
Retrofit/Energy Funding Programs for Faith, Spiritual, & Community Buildings
- Sustainable Capacity Foundation & GSS – Faithfully Green Fund: Loan program to help faith communities fund retrofit projects
- Infrastructure Canada – Green and Inclusive Community Buildings Program
- Currenly CLOSED.
- Funding for small and large retrofit projects.
- Eligible for community, culture and recreation facilities and for Indigenous facilities (eg. friendship centres).
- The Counties SDG – Regional Incentives Program
- Currently CLOSED.
- Funding (up to $50,000 in 50% matching grants) for retrofits, renovations, and property improvements for buildings within the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry United Counties.
- Retrofit program.
- Small Business Program for lighting and other eligible energy-efficient equipment upgrades. Contact Doug McBeth, Ottawa representative for lighting, at email@example.com or (613) 277-7095.
- Enbridge – Fixed Incentive Program
- Space Heating: Air Curtains, Condensing make-up air (MUA) Units & Dock door seals
- Ventilation: Destratification fans, Heat recovery ventilators (HRV) and energy recovery ventilator (ERV), Demand control kitchen ventilation (DCKV), Demand control ventilation (DCV)
- Hot Water: Ozone laundry
- Enbridge – Commercial Custom Retrofit Program
- Water Heating Systems
- Building automation systems
- Heat recovery
- Variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Enbridge – Smart Thermostat Program: Get a $75 instant discount when you buy a smart thermostat
- IESO – Indigenous Community Energy Plan Program: Energy plan funding for Indigenous communities
Electric Vehicle (EV) ZEVIP Program
- Government of Canada
- Hydro Ottawa – CLOSED
- EPCOR Go Ev Funding – CLOSED
- Alectra Utilities – CLOSED
- Essex Powerlines – for Windsor-Essex County
- Green Economy Canada – CLOSED
- TD Friends of the Environment Foundation Grant (TD-FEF):
- Winter Submission Deadline: January 15
- Summer Submission Deadline: July 15
- Community Garden Development Fund: Financial support for existing and new gardens in Ottawa
- Communities in Bloom: Various opportunities yearly.
- 2 Billion Trees Program Funding: New tree planting. Ongoing call for proposals.
- Tree Canada – Community Tree Grants: Grant applications are currently closed until Fall 2023.
- Edible Trees Program: Funding for edible tree planting initiatives
- Treemendous Communities Program: Funding for a variety of tree planting initiatives
- The Pollination Project – Daily Grant Program: Microgrants of $1000 all year round.
- WWF – Go Wild Grants: Funding for students & educators to implement community gardens.
- Green Communities Canada’s Living Cities Fund – Demonstrate Stream: Up to $15,000 for creation of new, nature-based, community-led green infrastructure projects, including depave projects, mini forest projects, rain garden projects, and pollinator gardens and/or pathways. Currently CLOSED.
Community-Based Project Funding
- Community Environmental Projects Grant Program (CEPGP): Applications are currently open for 2023-2024 projects. Currently CLOSED.
- Ottawa Community Foundation – Community Grants Program: One-year grants and multi-year grants available.
- One-year grant deadlines: February 1 & October 1
- Multi-year grant deadline: December 1
- EcoAction Community Funding Program: Currently CLOSED.
- Ontario Trillium Foundation – Grants: Various grants available to communities, youth, and Indigenous groups. Here are a few relevant options:
- Community Investment Seed Grant: Funding to support the development of new projects.
- Community Investment Grow Grant: Funding to help advance already established projects.
- Capital Grant: Funding for capital projects, such as purchasing equipment, building a new space, or completing renovations, retrofits or repairs. OPEN until June 14, 2023, at 5PM ET.
- Canada Post – Community Foundation Grants: Currently CLOSED until Winter 2024.
- The McLean Foundation – Grants: Canada wide grants for charitable community projects.
- Honda Canada Foundation – Grants: Funding for charitable non profits.
- Commission for Environmental Cooperation – EJ4Climate Grant Program: Project funding for underserved and vulnerable communities. Currently CLOSED.
- Indigenous Community-Based Climate Monitoring Program: Applications for 2022 now closed, but will reopen in fall 2023.
- IESO Education and Capacity Building Program: Funding to Indigenous communities for education and skills on energy systems.
- Ontario Trillium Foundation – Grants: Various grants available to communities, youth, and Indigenous groups. Here is a youth option:
- Youth Opportunities Fund: Funding for youth projects with a focus on BIPOC communities.
- Laidlaw Foundation – Grants & Programs: Multiple grant opportunities for youth action and Indigenous community engagement. Here is a youth option:
- PopUp Grant: Funding for youth initiatives on climate change. A call for applications in 2023 will open soon.
- Indigenous Youth and Community Futures Fund: Currently CLOSED.
- WWF – Go Wild Grants: Funding for students & educators to implement community gardens
- Nature Canada – Young Nature Leaders Grant: A grant program in collaboration with Women for Nature that provides youth under 30 with $1000 to implement an environmental project. Currently CLOSED.
- United Church:
- United Church of Canada (UCC) Foundation
- Faithful Footprints: Up to $20,000 for energy efficiency retrofits.
- Eastern Ontario Outaouais Region funding sources (Church Extension Committee, Innovation Grants, Scrivens/Baillie Grants, Vision and Transformation Funding)
- Anglican Foundation: Deadlines April 1st and September 1st
- Evangelical Lutheran Foundation of Eastern Canada (ElFEC)
- EnviroMuslims: CLOSED – offered grants of up to $1000 to mosques around Canada for sustainability initiatives. Contact GSS or EnviroMuslims@gmail.com for more information or visit the application form here.
Grants for Homes
- Natural Resources Canada – Canada Greener Homes Grant: Retrofit funding for homeowners
- SaveOnEnergy – Energy Affordability Program: Free energy upgrades for income eligible homes
- Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program: Loan program for energy efficient retrofits
- Enbridge – Home Winterproofing Program: Free energy upgrades for homes in need
Hello Vélo: City of Ottawa Parking Services Program
Hello Vélo is a new initiative by Parking Services that incentivizes private organizations (such as local businesses) by subsidizing 50 per cent of the cost when purchasing a bike rack from the City’s inventory.
Interested in getting a new bike rack for your organization? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and Parking Services will help you place your order. Please note that they only accept payments via e-transfer and that your organization will be responsible for pick-up and installation.