Get started on your environmental journey by leading a project in your faith community!
The support you need to learn more about leadership and the environment!
Program has begun!
This program aspires to empower Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour between the ages of 15-25 by helping them lead a green initiative. Youth will receive $50 each month, monthly mentorship through educational meetings, a reference letter, and more!
Application deadline has passed and applicants have been contacted. If you would still like to get involved in some way (as youth or as a faith community) or if you have any questions, please contact:
Veronica at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program will facilitate the youth on their journey as environmentalists and act as an introduction to the environmental sector.
Any youth with an interest in the environment and/or are connected to a faith community in any way are encouraged to take part!
The youth will receive:
- Help and support in the planning of their project (ex: brainstorming, promotion, installation, participation. etc.)
- An honorarium of $50 each month to compensate them
- A letter of recommendation from our program coordinator at the end of the program
- Mentorship and educational support through meetings and check-ins
- There will be monthly educational meetings (~1.5 hours each month). Each meeting will have a specific theme and lesson plan (consult infographic below)
- There will be biweekly check-ins to see how things are going
- Event opportunities to network and celebrate
- There will be a youth networking event
- There will be an interfaith celebration at the end where youth can present their projects
Examples of projects youth can take on:
- Community gardens
- Shoreline cleanups
- Poster campaigns
- Workshops on any environmental topic (ex: recycling, water conservation, food waste, arts & crafts from reused materials, gardening practices, etc.)
- Environmental events (ex: plant giveaways, tree planting events, clean-ups, etc.)
- Or any other green project they have in mind!
Please feel free to share this opportunity with your community or youth that you know!
An outline of the monthly themed group leadership meetings can be found below: